The process of learning how to successfully manage financial expenses. Money plays a critical role in our lives and not having enough of it impacts health as well as academic performance. Financial stress is repeatedly found to be a common source of stress, anxiety and fear for college students.
On this page, you'll find resources for:
Immediate Financial Assistance
- Emergency Basic Needs Grant
These grants are for students with financial hardships caused by job loss, accidents, homelessness, and other unexpected living expenses. Funds are awarded to students with financial need based on review of submitted documentation and information provided on either the California Dream Application or the FAFSA. Please submit a grant application and you will receive a response within 24-48 hours.
- UC Davis Financial Aid Economic Crisis Team
- Drop-in at the Financial Aid Office, 1100 Dutton Hall, for economic crisis services.
- Visit Financial Aid’s Economic Crisis web page. This page offers resources for immediate financial assistance from UC Davis, the City of Davis, Yolo County and federal programs.
- Request assistance online by emailing the Economic Crisis Team [email@example.com]. Expect a response within 24–48 hours, Monday–Friday.
- Aggies Helping Aggies Awards AHA offers two awards, Student Emergency Relief Aid (SERA Grant) and UC Davis Cap & Gown Award. The SERA Grant will reopen April 3rd, 2023. The deadline for the Cap & Gown Award is April 7th, 2023.
- UC Davis Health Equity Fund has grants available to all students who are experiencing significant out of pocket expenses related to accessing physical and mental health care. Grants may be requested for expenses that total at least $50.
- UC Davis Student Parent Child Care Funding Program consists of two grants, the Graduate Student Child Care Grant and the Community Based Care Grant. Both are designed to partially defray student families' child care expenses. For the fastest reply, please email all questions to their program email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CCAMPIS Childcare UC Davis students can receive assistance with child care costs at the on-campus Early Childhood Laboratory and individualized support and mentoring at the Transfer and Reentry Center starting through the CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents in School) grant.
Visit our legal resources page for more information regarding consultations, free legal services, and housing resources.
Social Service Resources
- CalFresh is a state program that can provide you up to $281 a month for groceries. Essentially it's a free debit card for groceries. The application process is easy and we can walk you through it, just make an appointment with our CalFresh Team.
- CalWin, submit an online application to see if you are eligible to receive help with household expenses, food and medical costs.
- Aggie Blue to Gold Financial Wellness Program - Aggie Blue to Gold Financial Wellness Program provides information and resources for all students, regarding student loans, budget management, financial advising and debt management. To learn more about creating a budget, money management techniques, and campus resources, schedule an appointment today!
Other Financial Resources
- Yolo County Short Term Emergency Aid Committee - Food, utility, rental and job readiness help for residents of Yolo County with incomes at or below federal poverty level.
- Help with Bills, USA.gov - Learn about government programs to help pay bills and other expenses including benefits, grants and loans to help with food, rent, utilities, financial aid and more.
- Yolo 211 - 211 Yolo is the information hub for Yolo County, linking residents to vital health and human services, information and resources in the community.
- California's Low Cost Auto - CLCA is sponsored by the California Department of Insurance (CDI) and intended to help low-income households afford auto liability insurance on their vehicles in order to comply with the State’s minimum financial responsibly laws.
- FREE Microsoft Office 365 - Students can access free Microsoft software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, and file-sharing services. Activate and access the free account at office.ucdavis.edu.