The process of learning how to successfully manage financial expenses. Money plays a critical role in our lives and not having enough of it impacts health as well as academic performance. Financial stress is repeatedly found to be a common source of stress, anxiety and fear for college students.
On this page, you'll find resources for:
- Aggie Compass Basic Needs Center
- Housing Assistance Grants cover deposits necessary to allow individuals to move immediately out of houselessness and to stabilize in permanent housing. Please submit a Basic Needs Assistance Form to apply.
- Basic Needs Grant provides emergency funding to assist students with urgent food and housing needs as well as, lost wages, WiFi hot spots, medical co-pays, technology, and transportation. Please submit a Basic Needs Assistance Form to apply.
- UC Davis Financial Aid Economic Crisis Relief Team
- Drop-in at the Financial Aid Office, 1100 Dutton Hall, for economic crisis services.
- Visit Financial Aid’s Economic Crisis web page. This page offers resources for immediate financial assistance from UC Davis, the City of Davis, Yolo County and federal programs.
- Request assistance online by emailing the Economic Crisis Team [email@example.com]. Expect a response within 24–48 hours, Monday–Friday.
- UC Davis Student Parent Child Care Funding Program consists of two grants, the Graduate Student Child Care Grant and the Community Based Care Grant. Both are designed to partially defray student families' child care expenses.
- LGBTQIA+ Grant If you identify as a current LGBTQIA+ student and are experiencing a financial hardship, please apply for the LGBTQIA+ Basic Needs Grant. Applications will be accepted through Sunday, May 9, 2021.
- CalFresh is a state program that can provide you up to $194 a month for groceries. Essentially it's a free debit card for groceries. The application process is easy and we can walk you through it, just make an appointment with our CalFresh Team.
- CalWin, submit an online application to see if you are eligible to receive help with household expenses, food and medical costs.