The World Health Organization defines mental health as a state of well-being in which every individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community.
On this page, you'll find:
- Crisis Text Line is a free, 24/7, immediate and confidential texting service for students in crisis. Text RELATE to 741741 from anywhere in the US, to text with a trained crisis counselor.
- Davis Suicide Prevention and Crisis Line call 530-756-5000
- Online Counseling through Student Health and Counseling Services
- Empower Yolo 24-Hour Crisis Support call 530-662-1133; For those experiencing a crisis related to domestic violence, sexual assault or human trafficking.
- Student Health and Counseling Services
- LYRA is Mental Health Care for UC Ship Students. Lyra has partnered with UC SHIP to offer all members access to their mental health services such as individual therapy, mental health coaching, medication management and self-guided wellness modules.
- Medical and Mental Health call 530-752-2300 (After hours Counseling Services consultation call 530-752-2349).
- Mental Health Acute Care Services are available at the Student Health and Wellness Center (SHCS) by appointment.
- Online video counseling through Student Health and Counseling Services
- CAN Counselors provide students with consultation and personal counseling in addition to programs, workshops and other campus community outreach activities.
- Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) Free online therapy for UC Davis students.
- Aggie Mental Health - Aggie Mental Health (formerly known as Each Aggie Matters) is the campus website for all mental wellness resources. Visit this site to access resources for mental wellness, join a supportive campus community and participate in an open and affirming dialogue about mental health. Check out the Mental Health Map on their homepage.
- Center for Advocacy Resources and Education (CARE) provides 24/7 emergency response, crisis intervention, and support services to any student, faculty, and staff providing confidential advocacy, support, and healing services to survivors of sexual harassment and all forms of sexual violence, including sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking.
- Empower Yolo offers free confidential counseling services to adult and child survivors of abuse and their family members. They have treatment programs and support groups as well.
- Suicide Prevention for Yolo County provides crisis prevention/intervention, education, and community outreach to citizens of Yolo County. They have programs in which volunteers can join community councils to actively participate in opportunities that can aid those interested in suicide prevention/intervention.
- The Student Mental Health Coalition (SMHC) SMHC unites the mental health student groups and affiliated student organizations together to advise campus leadership, inform students, reduce stigma, allow for collaboration and promote resource transparency.
- UC Davis Mental Health Initiative (MHI) MHI houses both the UC Davis Mental Health Conference and UC Davis Mental Health Awareness Month, two major events which aim to engage students in destigmatization and education efforts, prompt attendees to organize around mental health issues, and offer them the opportunity for self-reflection and healing through mental health discourse.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. As a university chapter, we strive to create a safe space on campus and to destigmatize mental illness while promoting mental health.
- ATOD Intervention Services ATOD empowers students to make healthy and responsible choices concerning use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Aggie RISE provides students, struggling with addiction or dependency of any kind, with a support system of like-minded individuals and a safe space to discuss personal issues. The group members work toward abstinence, but welcome people in all stages of recovery.
- Yolo 211 - 211 Yolo is the information hub for Yolo County, linking residents to vital health and human services, information and resources in the community.