California Eviction Moratorium
- Under AB 3088, California has extended the California COVID 19 eviction moratorium for five months as they file a declaration with their landlord that says they have undergone a financial hardship as a result of the pandemic. This means tenants cannot be evicted before February 1, 2021, for COVID-19 related hardship accrued between March 4 – August 31, 2020.
- Yolo County’s Eviction Prevention Ordinance, issued in March, will remain in effect for 180 days after public health and local emergencies are terminated.
- COVID-19, Terminating a Lease in California, and Eviction Protections
- ASUCD Legal Services COVID-19 housing information page
Private Lease Legal Information
- Undergrads ASUCD Legal Services
- Legal consultations, 30 minute appointments.
- Must be registered/enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- For appointment email ASUCD Head Quarters email@example.com, ASUCD will email back with available times.
- Subject: Schedule a legal appointment
- Body of email:
- Your contact information including email and phone number
- Nature of the problem – e.g. housing, vehicle accident, roommate
- Picture of UC Davis student ID
- For more legal service information, please visit https://resources.ucdavis.edu/legal/
- Low Income Students Legal Services of Northern California
- Free legal services for low income folks around housing issues. Free representation to low income students.
- Call (530) 662-1065 or (916) 447-5798
- Graduate Students
- Legal counsel, Ava Landers, email for 15 minute consultation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Davis also provides resources for tenants with an emphasis on knowing your rights as a tenant. Items the City of Davis is now offering include:
- City of Davis Rental Resources Program https://www.cityofdavis.org/rentalresources
- Yolo Conflict Resolution Center (www.yolocrc.org) provides free and low-cost mediation services for anyone including roommates, tenants, landlords, neighbors, etc.
- California Apartment Association COVID-19 Resources for Tenants (https://caanet.org/tenant-resources-page/) has tips for communicating with the landlord, links to EDD and other financial assistance.