Immediate crisis - Text "RELATE" to 741741 to reach a trained crisis counselor
Suicide - 530-756-5000 - Suicide Prevention Yolo County 24-Hour Crisis Line
On this page you'll find:
If you are a student lacking adequate nutritious food, homeless, at risk of losing housing, etc.,
- Aggie Compass Basic Needs Center
- Emergency/Short -term Housing is available for unhoused students or in imminent danger of becoming houseless. Please submit a Basic Needs Assistance Form to apply.
- College Focused Rapid Rehousing provides safe, stable housing for unhoused students as well as a meal plan and intense case management focused on holistic and academic success. Please submit a program application, you will receive a response within 24-48 hours.
- Interfaith Rotating Winter Shelter is a volunteer run emergency homeless shelter that runs from December 2 - March 17. Call 530-492-1974.
- Davis Community Meals and Housing is a resource center and day shelter, at 1111 H Street in Davis. This program provides homeless and low-income individuals with access to basic necessities. Call 530-753-9204.
- Fourth and Hope shelter in Woodland provides free meals, shower and laundry services, call 530-661-1218.
- The ASUCD Pantry is operating on a weekly distribution schedule. Register to pick up free food resources, menstrual products, and toiletries on the Pantry website.
- The Aggie Meal Share Program provides Dining Commons swipes/meals for students in need of assistance.
- Davis Community Meals Program offers a free meal on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and lunch on Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.;The meals are prepared and served at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church, located at 640 Hawthorn Lane, Davis
- Yolo Food Bank
- FRESH TEXT will send you text messages about produce/pantry distributions in Davis by texting TOMATO to 888777.
- Mental Health Acute Care Services are available at the Student Health and Wellness Center (SHCS), on LaRue between Hutchison and Orchard, during business hours.
- Online Counseling through Student Health and Counseling Services
- 24-hour Suicide Prevention Line – 530-756-5000.
- Crisis Text Line is a free, 24/7, immediate and confidential texting service for students in crisis. Text RELATE to 741741 from anywhere in the US, to text with a trained crisis counselor.
- Emergency Basic Needs Grant
These grants are for students with financial hardships caused by job loss, accidents, homelessness, and other unexpected living expenses. Funds are awarded to students with financial need based on review of submitted documentation and information provided on either the California Dream Application or the FAFSA. Please submit a grant application and you will receive a response within 24-48 hours.
- UC Davis Financial Aid Economic Crisis Team
- Drop-in at the Financial Aid Office, 1100 Dutton Hall, for economic crisis services.
- Visit Financial Aid’s Economic Crisis web page. This page offers resources for immediate financial assistance from UC Davis, the City of Davis, Yolo County and federal programs.
- Request assistance online by emailing the Economic Crisis Team [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Expect a response within 24–48 hours, Monday–Friday.
- Aggies Helping Aggies Awards AHA offers two awards, Student Emergency Relief Aid and UC Davis Cap & Gown Award.
- UC Davis Student Parent Child Care Funding Program consists of two grants, the Graduate Student Child Care Grant and the Community Based Care Grant. Both are designed to partially defray student families' child care expenses.