Immediate crisis - Text "RELATE" to 741741 to reach a trained crisis counselor
Suicide - 530-756-5000 - Suicide Prevention Yolo County 24-Hour Crisis Line
On this page you'll find:
- Immediate Crisis Resources
- Longer Term Support
If you are a student lacking adequate nutritious food, homeless, at risk of losing housing, etc.,
- Aggie Compass Basic Needs Center
- Emergency/Short-Term Housing is available for unhoused students or in imminent danger of becoming houseless. Please submit a Basic Needs Assistance Request to apply.
- College Focused Rapid Rehousing provides safe, stable housing for unhoused students as well as a meal plan and intense case management focused on holistic and academic success. Please submit a Basic Needs Assistance Request to apply.
- Davis Community Meals and Housing is a resource center and day shelter, at 1111 H Street in Davis. This program provides homeless and low-income individuals with access to basic necessities. Call 530-753-9204.
- Fourth and Hope shelter in Woodland provides free meals, shower and laundry services, call 530-661-1218.
- AggieEats Pay-What-You-Want style food truck that offers delicious, nutritious, and healthy food. Stop by the truck and pay what you want for a free or low-cost meal.
- The ASUCD Pantry is operating on a weekly distribution schedule. Register to pick up free food resources, menstrual products, and toiletries on the Pantry website.
- The Aggie Meal Share Program provides Dining Commons swipes/meals for students in need of assistance.
- Davis Community Meals Program offers a free meal on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and lunch on Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. The meals are prepared and served at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church, located at 640 Hawthorn Lane, Davis
- Yolo Food Bank
- FRESH TEXT will send you text messages about produce/pantry distributions in Davis by texting TOMATO to 888777.
- Mental Health Acute Care Services are available at the Student Health and Wellness Center (SHCS), on LaRue between Hutchison and Orchard, during business hours.
- Online Counseling through Student Health and Counseling Services
- Davis Suicide Prevention and Crisis Line – 530-756-5000.
- Crisis Text Line is a free, 24/7, immediate and confidential texting service for students in crisis. Text RELATE to 741741 from anywhere in the US, to text with a trained crisis counselor.
- Emergency Basic Needs Grant Aggie Compass may offer emergency financial assistance in the areas of rent, food, housing, security deposit and other emergency and safety needs to enrolled students who have exhausted their financial resources. For support please submit a Basic Needs Assistance Request.
- UC Davis Financial Aid Economic Crisis Team - INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY
- Drop-in at the Financial Aid Office, 1100 Dutton Hall, for economic crisis services.
- Visit Financial Aid’s Economic Crisis web page. This page offers resources for immediate financial assistance from UC Davis, the City of Davis, Yolo County and federal programs.
- International students can request assistance by emailing the Economic Crisis Team [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Expect a response within 24–48 hours, Monday–Friday.
- Aggies Helping Aggies Awards
- UC Davis Student Parent Child Care Funding Program consists of two grants, the Graduate Student Child Care Grant and the Community Based Care Grant. Both are designed to partially defray student families' child care expenses.